Wire-bound (spiral-bound) book printing, booklets & manuals
Secure, flexible and durable: hand out information in one go.
Wire-bound books (sometimes called spiral-bound books) or manuals are the most popular choice for courses where material is to be handed out all at once, i.e. not in small modules. They are also convenient back in the workplace in situations where holding the manual in one hand makes life easier e.g. in a workshop.
Fixed bindings may not be suitable for courses in which the trainer wishes to hand out modules stage by stage. Ring-bound manuals offer a better solution in such cases.
These type of books may also be unsuitable for situations where safety and security could be compromised by the presence of metallic wire. In these cases plastic coil-bound books may be more suitable.
Please let us know if you would like to receive a bound hard-copy proof of your manual before the final print run.Contact Us Price, Build & Order Manuals
- Sheets are well secured
- Book lies completely flat on a surface
- Book can be folded back and held in one hand
- No minimum thickness
- Capacity: maximum thickness of 280 sheets or 560 pages double-sided, including a card cover front and back
- Sheets can be removed if the wire is bent
- Some organisations (e.g. schools and prisons) ban the use of wire for safety and security reasons. Consider plastic coil-bound books in such situations.
- Paper colours: white as standard. Other colours available on request.
- Paper weights: 80gsm (for black print only), 90gsm and 120gsm for colour print. Other weights available on request.
- Printed sides: single or double-sided.
- Print colour: mono (black) or full colour. To reduce cost, mono and colour pages can be mixed. Please contact us for details.
- Sizes: usually A4 or A5 but other sizes are possible.
- Covers: card back and front, or PVC back cover.
- Cover lamination: card covers don’t need laminating but for enhanced appearance and durability, matt and gloss laminationare available.
- Outer front cover: unprinted clear or frosted acetate.
- Wire colour: black, white or silver. Other colours available on request.
If you cannot see the options you require here please contact us as many other alternatives are available on request.
How much time do you spend producing and/or checking and packing your own training course materials? There is another way - a way that gives you back your time to spend on what you are good at - developing, marketing and delivering your training.Read more